The 2012 Annual Meeting of the Uniform Law Commission convened on Friday, July 13, 2012 at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
On the agenda for consideration are:
• Uniform Asset Freezing Orders Act;
• Uniform Deployed Parents Custody and Visitation Act;
• Uniform Manufactured Housing Act;
• Uniform Premarital and Marital Agreements Act;
• Uniform Choice of Court Agreements Convention Implementation Act;
• Implementation of Hague Convention on Protection of Children;
• Prevention of and Remedies for Human Trafficking; and
• Powers of Appointment Act.
The Asset Freezing, Deployed Parents, Premarital and Marital Agreements, Manufactured Housing, and Choice of Court Agreements acts are scheduled to receive final consideration at this meeting.
Drafts of the Acts being considered are available for review through the Uniform Law Commission web site at: www.uniformlaws.org/
The meeting continues, day to day (even Sunday morning!) until Thursday July 19. The vote by states (by which the Commission adopts Uniform and Model Acts) is scheduled for the afternoon of July 18.
During the meeting, the Commission’s Scope and Program Committee will be reviewing proposals for new Uniform Law drafting projects. Among the most interesting new proposals are for an act — which would be drafted jointly with Canadian Uniform Laws Commission — on the Interjurisidictional Recognition of Life Planning Documents, a Family Arbitration Act, and an Act to regulate Fiduciary Access to Digital Information.
Every state, the District of Columbia, and the Territories of the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, has representation on the Uniform Law Commission.